The parish of Brabourne lies at the foot of the North Downs about 6 miles from Ashford and 13 miles from the coast. It is a thriving, busy community, with a large number of clubs and societies.
The name of Brabourne is derived from ‘Bradde Burn’ (broad stream), although the hamlet was mentioned in a Charter of 846AD as Bredeburna.
Brabourne is mentioned in the Domesday book, and the Church (built in 1140) stands on the site of an earlier Saxon Church. The Church has an original Norman window thought to be the only one of its kind in England. It also has a rare oak ladder in the tower.